PDF Xymacros - Linked Text

We are using XPP version 9.2.2.0. and Microsoft Server. Is there any way by using PDF Xymacros that we can change color of text only when we hover over the linked text in a PDF? For instance text is black, but will change to green when we hover the linked text in the PDF. Currently we are using This is text. around some of our linked text.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Bart,

Well, I'm still thinking that it probably is possible through PostScript - but for sure it would not be for the faint of heart.

I think the applicable sections in the pdfmark Reference manual are:
    Basic Features > Annotations (ANN) > table of PDF annotation types > Widget annotation (and associated key-value pairs)
    Examples > Forms examples (and some of the examples include "Check Box" and "Radio" types of widgets which are types of "buttons"

Not much detail at all on our subject is given in the pdfmark Reference manual but at one point it says (bold added by me): "One useful type of annotation is the widget annotation. Widgets are used by PDF interactive forms to represent the appearance of fields and to manage user interactions. See the PDF Reference for detailed information on using interactive forms."

And I think the applicable sections in the PDF 1.7 Reference manual (PDF 32000-1:2008) are:
    12 Interactive Features > 12.5 Annotations > 12.5.6 Annotation Types > 12.5.6.19 Widget Annotations
    12 Interactive Features > 12.7 Interactive Forms (whole chapter)
    12.7.3 Field Dictionaries
    12.7.4 Field Types > 12.7.4.2 Button Fields > 12.7.4.2.2 Pushbuttons

And even after that the "details" of the PostScript code to create a "simple" button are completely sketchy (to me). But these are the areas in the Adobe docs that seem to somewhat "match" with how things are described in the PDFlib documentation where it talks about creating "buttons".