We're having a problem with the -divpdf program.
The no_pdmmark.pdf is using the divpdf tool without the –pdfmark option. The document looks fine but the blue links are not clickable.
The with_pdfmarks.pdf is using the divpdf tool with the –pdfmark option. There is additional text in blue besides the cite.url tags. The links are clickable.
In order to get this to work with the –pdfmark option we had to remove the two url’s below. we replaced them with http://bna.com
So we have two problems.
Any idea how we can fix this?
Is your post missing some details that you meant to include (e.g. you said "After replacing the two url's below …" but then you didn't include anything about what were the two URLs)?
In any case, I think you'll need to provide more details:
Jonathan DagrestaSDL XPP Engineering
We're using classic.
We get an unknown option error for both and that is followed by the text after the first = sign.
storage company, <url><:pdfs;WWW;cointelegraph.com/.../Border [0 0 0]>Mr. Musk cautioned<:pdfe;WWW><!url> that neverthe
Here is one small example. Hope this is what you are asking for.
9.0C.1 SP #1
Let me add a couple of more things.
The divpdf file itself is from SP #2. The file with SP 1 had a bug and displayed a banner across all the pages. Right now we do not want to put SP 2 in production so we just tried to move the fixed divpdf file.
The reason we are trying to use the divpdf tool now is because we are moving from Solaris to Linux and our developers said there is no distill program for Linux like we have on Solaris.
Presumably something 'dodgy', as far as pdfs is concerned, in those particular URLs?
Maybe start by replacing the equals sign with a %3D ?
From the PDF Support in XPP manual (with my underlining):
Note: If a URL includes a semi-colon, enter the hex value of a semi-
colon—%3B—to avoid confusion with the semi-colon delimiter in XPP XyMacro
Note: There may be other characters, such as the &, that may be problematic with
distiller. If the character is escaped, with a preceding \, the problem will likely be
Thanks Paul - That looks like it will fix the problem with the bad links. One I get them all changes we will have to see if the blue text also goes away.
So just to address something Carol first said, yes the divpdf program will not process the :pdfs/:pdfe macros at all unless the -pdfmark option is used.
The divpdf problem you are having with URLs containing equals signs (and other possible "special" characters) was fixed with issue XPP-1599 (Divpdf does not handle web addresses that contain equal signs in pdfmarks). This was fixed in SP 9.0.3 (and core release 9.1.0).
The workaround suggested by Paul is a good one to try w/o having the fix - although the context of the snippet from the PDF Support in XPP manual was in regards to the psfmtdrv program and not divpdf (as far as "escaping" characters, but not in regards to what it says about the semi-colons).
But it would be better if you had the fix and didn't have to worry about "changing" special characters in a URL (and doing that might confuse things later when and if you do get the fix, as far as doing something for the equals signs).
I will note that the XPP 9.0 release has been in "retired" state for over two years now. The Direct to PDF (divpdf) product was in its "infancy" in that release and has come "leaps and bounds" since then.
As far as the blue color of text continuing past the end of the URL, I cannot address that since you've given no information as to how the blue text color is being turned on and off.
url macro is <co;blue><ul;9>
!url is <ul;0><co;1>
What's confusing is that the text is black after the cite, then turns blue at the start of the next line. Text on a line before the cite is also black.
My guess would be that this is also a problem that was fixed in a later release of XPP than the one you are using.
I installed SP 3 and that fixed both problems.
Thanks for all the suggestions.