Custom explicit

Hello,

I want to know the "AT" shown in this list as shown in the figure, which represents the translation engine, but how does it read from the plug-in code? How does the location of AT display percentage ? Or AT and percentage display at the same time? 

At the same time, how does the background color of this "AT" or "percentage" area support customization?

Can  you help me and give me some suggestions? 

With kind regards.

5 Replies Latest Replies: 29 Oct 2018 6:31 AM by Kiyotaka Tsuchida
  • Hi  ,

"AT" represents "Automated Translation", usually by Machine Translation.

I guess you are using both Translation Memory and Machine Translation at the same project.
    Trados Studio shows search result by Translation Memory first and they are shown as number of percentage or as "CM".

In case that no search result was found on Translation Memory, result by Machine Translation will be applied. It is shown as "AT".

• Hi  

ren sdn
    How does the location of AT display percentage ? Or AT and percentage display at the same time?

Most Machine Translation providers display AT only and no percentage.  But it is possible to include a percentage in the result.  For example, this is what we see in an SDLXLIFF using different providers: 

<sdl:seg id="1" conf="Draft" origin="mt" origin-system="SDL ETS translation provider" percent="25">

<sdl:seg id="2" conf="Draft" origin="mt" origin-system="SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation">

<sdl:seg id="3" conf="Draft" origin="mt" origin-system="AmazonTranslate Trados Plugin">

Note that the first one actually includes a percentage and this can be used for filtering results.  The plugin developer did this on purpose to support filtering by fuzzy matches for AT segments.  However, the percentage is not shown in Studio in the column you have highlighted, it's just there in the background and can be used by the display filter.

• In reply to Paul:

HI Paul Thank you so much for your reply. And where can I fuzzy match these segments? And how to filter it?
  • In reply to ren sdn:

Hi

I don't understand your question of "where can I fuzzy match these segments"? But you can filter on fuzzy matches using the display filters. This would be something te user can do if you build a fuzzy value into the sdl:seg element for the sdlxliff.
  • In reply to Paul:

HI Paul,
    We want to have a method to represent the MT translation scoures on the trados edit interface? like TM match you have like 90% or 25% to tell the users whitch segments you need to edit, Or users can use filters to see the MT translation evaluation result. Like you said before , we need to put that value in our code and then users can use filter to see them right ? Will it mixed with the TM result ?

Related