Error when updating TM in GroupShare 2017 SR1: Response status code does not indicate success: 409 (Conflict)

Hi SDL Community

We experience the below error whenever we try to Update a Server-TM on GroupShare 2017 SR1 using the Studio API.

It worked well with Studio 2017 SR1 Version 5.1.20356.0 before the update to GroupShare 2017 SR1

With Studio 2019 SR1 Version 15.1.0.44109 it now throws the error.

Can someone tell me what's going wrong here with our code? What has changed?

Any suggestions are highly welcome!

error message:

SDL Trados Studio -

[443] E:\fileShare\233_443_de-DE_pl-PL\Files\233_443_XYZ_de-DE_pl-PL.sdlrpx: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 409 (Conflict). at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode() at Sdl.TmService.Sdk.TmServiceRestClient.d__43.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Sdl.TmService.Sdk.TmServiceRestClient.UpdateTranslationMemory(TranslationMemory tm) at Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.InternalRestClient.UpdateTranslationMemory(TranslationMemoryEntity translationMemoryEntity) at Sdl.LanguagePlatform.ServerBasedTranslationMemory.Client.TranslationMemoryAdministrationClient.UpdateTranslationMemory(TranslationMemoryEntity translationMemoryEntity) at Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.ServerBasedTranslationMemory.Save() at SDLcall.SDLCall.GetUpdateTmTaskSettings(FileBasedProject project, ServerBasedTranslationMemory tm, Language language) in I:\Develop\VS2013\XYZTC\SDLcall\SDLcall\SDLCall.vb:line 2369 at SDLcall.SDLCall.SDLReturnPackage() in I:\Develop\VS2013\XYZTC\SDLcall\SDLcall\SDLCall.vb:line 1634 ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 409 (Conflict). at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode() at Sdl.TmService.Sdk.TmServiceRestClient.d__43.MoveNext()<---

2 Replies Latest Replies: 8 Feb 2019 9:17 AM by Andrea-Melinda Ghisa
  • Hi  

Could you please show me the source code which throws the error?

I was able to update a server based translation unit from the public APIs. You can find the source code of the sample app here.

Kind regards,

Andrea Ghisa

• In reply to Andrea-Melinda Ghisa:

Hi Andrea Ghisa
    We use Sdl.ProjectAutomation.Core.AutomaticTaskTemplateIds.UpdateMainTranslationMemories to update the server-based tm.
    Yesterday we found out that the error resulted from using tm.Save() after updating the tm Settings. Commented it out so that
    now the Code works again, all TUs and their field values are stored in the Server based tm again.
    Thank you for the reply
    Best regards
    Victor Linnemann

Related