Update: SDL GroupShare REST for the Translation Memory API?

Dear colleagues of SDL,

could you please tell us developers when we could expect the extended SDL GroupShare REST API to address translation memory access like TM look ups?

When does REST replace the former Translation Memory API 3.0 based on .NET DLLs?

Thank you!

Parents
  • I've never used the former .net api, but I'd like to add my humble opinion to this:

what I really miss from groupshare REST api is tm management operations like:

- reindexing

- tu interrogations based on text or on fields contents

- tmx export/import

Also Language Resource management functions would play useful.

Then, of course, I'd like GroupShare REST API to replicate Trados dll api functionality or even act as a broker for the true SDK libraries. That would add a tremendous added value to the product.

Anyway, I "played" with the rest api and in 10 minutes I was able to login, access all the methods and get the available informations. That would make integration between our management system and groupshare a breeze.

• I've never used the former .net api, but I'd like to add my humble opinion to this:

what I really miss from groupshare REST api is tm management operations like:

- reindexing

- tu interrogations based on text or on fields contents

- tmx export/import

Also Language Resource management functions would play useful.

Then, of course, I'd like GroupShare REST API to replicate Trados dll api functionality or even act as a broker for the true SDK libraries. That would add a tremendous added value to the product.

Anyway, I "played" with the rest api and in 10 minutes I was able to login, access all the methods and get the available informations. That would make integration between our management system and groupshare a breeze.

Children