Update: SDL GroupShare REST for the Translation Memory API?

Dear colleagues of SDL,

could you please tell us developers when we could expect the extended SDL GroupShare REST API to address translation memory access like TM look ups?

When does REST replace the former Translation Memory API 3.0 based on .NET DLLs?

Thank you!

Parents
  • I've never used the former .net api, but I'd like to add my humble opinion to this:

what I really miss from groupshare REST api is tm management operations like:

- reindexing

- tu interrogations based on text or on fields contents

- tmx export/import

Also Language Resource management functions would play useful.

Then, of course, I'd like GroupShare REST API to replicate Trados dll api functionality or even act as a broker for the true SDK libraries. That would add a tremendous added value to the product.

Anyway, I "played" with the rest api and in 10 minutes I was able to login, access all the methods and get the available informations. That would make integration between our management system and groupshare a breeze.

• Hi Enrico,

I am new to Groupshare and need to use the REST APIs to integrate with our product.
    We are using Groupshare 2017 and was trying to use some basic functionality via REST APIs.
    Note : I am writing simple java REST client to test the requets. I could do a success full login that returned the OAuth token.
    Now, having issues understanding the more complex REST APIs.

I have the swagger documentation below.

gs2017dev.sdl.com:41234/.../index
    (Any idea how to get a user account to ‘Try’ the requests?)

gs2017dev.sdl.com:41235/.../index

This is not enough to provide the correct values of parameters in the request while doing the REST request.
    Is there any place I can get detailed information about the values that can be passed and detailed information about the returned JSON object?

Some are self-explanatory in swagger documentation, while others are not.

I tried to access the swagger on the server where we installed Groupshare because I have a user account and test TM there.

http://<myhost>/documentation/api/index

But, this doesn't provide a list of available APIs to ‘Try’ as it display the list of APIs in the above swagger documentation from SDL locations.

Thanks in advance
    Jayan
  • Hi Enrico,

I am new to Groupshare and need to use the REST APIs to integrate with our product.
    We are using Groupshare 2017 and was trying to use some basic functionality via REST APIs.
    Note : I am writing simple java REST client to test the requets. I could do a success full login that returned the OAuth token.
    Now, having issues understanding the more complex REST APIs.

I have the swagger documentation below.

gs2017dev.sdl.com:41234/.../index
    (Any idea how to get a user account to ‘Try’ the requests?)

gs2017dev.sdl.com:41235/.../index

This is not enough to provide the correct values of parameters in the request while doing the REST request.
    Is there any place I can get detailed information about the values that can be passed and detailed information about the returned JSON object?

Some are self-explanatory in swagger documentation, while others are not.

I tried to access the swagger on the server where we installed Groupshare because I have a user account and test TM there.

http://<myhost>/documentation/api/index

But, this doesn't provide a list of available APIs to ‘Try’ as it display the list of APIs in the above swagger documentation from SDL locations.

Thanks in advance
    Jayan
Children
No Data