unhandled SEHException

Hi there

I want to access our Multiterm data via the API. I have written a few lines of code in C#, but now I run into an exception that I cannot seem to tackle.

Here is a snippet:
            Application oMt = new ApplicationClass();

TermbaseRepository oServerRep = oMt.ServerRepository;
            oServerRep.Connect(my credentials);
            oServerRep.Location = (my server);
            Console.WriteLine("Connection successful: " + oServerRep.IsConnected);

Termbases oTbs = oServerRep.Termbases;

An unhandled 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException' is thrown at the last line, i.e. when I try to access the Termbases. The line above that shows me that the connection has been established successfully, so no problem there.

Unfortunately, my debugging efforts haven't yielded any result either. Does anyone know how to resolve such an exception?

Thanks in advance!

Parents Reply
  • Hi Romulus,

we get the same error in one of the client environments (System.Runtime.SEHException (0x80004005)) with the same test code. We tried with MT Desktop 2015 (latest), MT Desktop 2017, with different users having access to different sets of termbases (one of the users has access to no termbases at all). We used the system administrator user for trying this. => same result.

We met this error in the past here and there, but then it was usually solved with an MT upgrade or a system restart. But this time we cannot solve it.

Do you have an idea what to check? Is this some COM permission problem? Should we try to upgrade anything else?

This is the complete test code I used:

var app = new Application();
    app.ServerRepository.Location = "http://....";
    app.ServerRepository.Connect(user, pass);
    foreach (ITermbase tb in app.ServerRepository.Termbases)
        Console.WriteLine(tb.Name);
    app.ServerRepository.Disconnect();

Thanks,
    Tamas

Children