Show differences in translation source - TU source

Hi,

Studio doesn't show the differences between the TUs coming from my plugin TMs and the original source segment (as it would with a file-based TM). Is this the normal behavior or would it be somehow possible to show the differences?

Thank you,

Agnes

• Hi ,

This is not a feature that is enabled out of the box for TM providers.  We will review this internally and identify the requirements in enabling this feature for Third-party TM providers.

Internal tracking ID: SDLCOM-3660

emoji
  • Hi  ,

We've found a way to show differences between TUs in third party TM providers. It involves a bit of reflection, but we've hidden that away.
    Long story short:
    - we've created a sample project that shows just how simple it is to use in your own project - github.com/.../SimpleTranslationProvider
    - the key class is "ComputeSearchResults" that pretty much abstracts away all the complexity
    - to see how to use it, please check out MyTranslationProviderLanguageDirection.SearchSegments
    - obviously, we've made the code public, so you can extend/tweak it to your liking

The core idea is you have an original text (in the source language), and a resulting text (what actually got translated). The code we've provided properly computes the differences between them, so that the differences are shown in the UI.

To quickly see everything in action, just run the sample project:
    - Open the sample project from Trados Studio 2022
    - go to Project Settings >> ... Translation Memory and create a Translation Provider, and Automated Translation, select "Use", and select "smtiti".
    - Open the SecondSample.docx.sdlxliff file
    - Select with the 1st, 2nd, and 4th segments
    - Do note that in our simple sample, you should ignore the translation itself. Please focus on what needs to be done on the source segments

Finally, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please let me know if this works for you.

Best,
    John

emoji