How to query all entries of a term database?

Hi,

is there any way to query all entries of a WS term database through the rest or the soap api? Or to query the list of entry IDs of a TD? (Like e.g. we can do in the MultiTerm API). 

I can do an export to csv/tmx/mtxml format, but then I lose the original IDs of the entries, because they are re-numbered from 1 in the export. 

Thanks,

Tamas

Parents
  • Hi Tamas, 

There is no possibility to retrieve all entries from a TD through the REST or the SOAP api. The entries can be obtained only though export, but without entry Id.

Can you, please, give us more context why is important to retrieve the entry ids? Probably, there is another way to obtain what you want.  

Best regards, 

Rozi Balog

• Hi,

I would like to do an export, but be able to track the entries afterwards and do synchronization with another system. So I would like to build an 1-1 mapping between the WS entries and the objects in the another system. The only solution I found in the meantime is to build a plugin using the server api that supports iterating through the entries, and publish an endpoint on the soap api, which endpoint can return then the list of ids

regards,

Tamas

• Hi,

I understand the reason behind your question. Unfortunately, I cannot suggest any solution for your problem, than retrieve them from database, but I assume you don’t have access to it. And in this case, your workaround may remain the workable solution for the moment. The export functionality should be updated in order to export the TD entry IDs. This requires enhancement in the code.

Best regards, 

Rozi Balog

• Hi,

I understand the reason behind your question. Unfortunately, I cannot suggest any solution for your problem, than retrieve them from database, but I assume you don’t have access to it. And in this case, your workaround may remain the workable solution for the moment. The export functionality should be updated in order to export the TD entry IDs. This requires enhancement in the code.

Best regards, 

Rozi Balog

Children
No Data