SDL Trados 2017 SR1 Update 14.1.6413 and MS Office .doc file type

Hello

I have SDL Trados 2017 , an have a question about recent update:

With refer to https://gateway.sdl.com/communityknowledge?articleName=CUs-Studio2017SR1 , recent update in Core Components and File Types , has written:

"New versions of the following file types were added:

• Microsoft Word 97-2003 (updated to DOC  v 2.0.0.0)"

and also:

"The legacy Microsoft Word 2007-2013 file type was re-added to the file types list. It is disabled by default, but can be enabled if required for certain workflows involving older versions of SDL Trados Studio."

what is it`s intend and what does it fixes? does it fixes this problem I had with a .doc file: when I put it in a package and when translated by translator , the output file doesn't include the translation in it?

Thank you

• Hi Ehsan

>Microsoft Word 97-2003 (updated to DOC v 2.0.0.0)
    Before you required Microsoft Word to be installed to handle doc files. Now with this update, you no longer require Microsoft Word installed.

> The legacy Microsoft Word 2007-2013 file type was re-added to the file types list
    This allows creating projects you can send to people using older versions of Trados Studio (like 2015 or 2014).

>does it fixes this problem I had with a .doc file: when I put it in a package and when translated by translator , the output file doesn't include the translation in it?
    I don't know, but you can try it out and see!

Hope that helps