Can information for the current segment be opened automatically in Comments window as you move to a new segment?

I asked the same question earlier in Studio community (View online) and I received the following feedback: There is nothing built-into Trados Studio that does this, but it would be possible to create a plug-in that does.

Can someone please give me any idea / guesstimate on what is involved in this effort and how long it might take to make it happen?

While I am asking these questions, there is another requirement for Comments window in Editor. It's regarding "Length limitation column" that is set under "Columns" of "Common" settings for "Bilingual Excel" file type. This another requirement is to include the "length limitation column" data in Comments window among other data from other columns. As I understand the same column that is already set for "length limitation column" cannot be added again to "Comment Information" of "Common" settings. The source XLSX from the customer are unique per target language, for a total of 30+ target language projects, for which they do not want to duplicate "Length limitation column" in XLSX for each drop of job. Would it be possible to add "length limitation column" data to Comments window in this plug-in" what extra effort would it take to add this bit of data to the aforementioned plug-in?

Thank you so much for looking my questions.

Naoko