Translation Research Plugin

Hello,

I am currently working with a professor to implement a plugin to facilitate translation research. His idea is to create a Trados plugin that records translations for a given text and then sends these back to a server (we have a campus server that we will use). The server will then record these in a central location to allow for easy data analysis. We also may want to look into how we can send possible translations to Trados and have these appear somewhere in the Trados window. A participant in an experiment would simply need to install our plugin, enter in an ID for their particular experiment and it would automatically send translations and alignments back to the server as they work on a project.

I've been looking at the different Trados plugin types and some of the Sdl-Community plugins that already exist but I'm not sure where to start. Are there examples of plugins that already record similar information?

Thank you for any help. I hope that I have posted this question in the right place.

Jake

Parents Reply Children
No Data