ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib - and the really bad design decision to require building into Studio installation folder

... I knew that I would at some stage hammer my head against the wall because of this requirement. Not only does it make the build process complicated. It introduces Windows 3.11-style dependencies:

I am writing an app that does some project automation and uses ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib to unzip zip archives. Since I downloaded the latest version 0.86 and since I have to build into the SDL Trados installation folder, the dll will get copied by the build script as well.

So far so good. 

However, I had to learn that Studio uses the same DLL to unzip stuff - but a different version: 0.84.

This would not be an issue, if Studio was built to use any version of ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib. But it doesn't. 

RESULT: No file conversion is possible anymore until version 0.84 of ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib is copied back into Studio's installation folder.

So, be warned if you want to use your own DLL. You better rename it before building ;-)