Change developer contact information after plugin publication?

Hello everyone,

I am a new Trados plugin developer, and published my first plugin just a few hours ago.  I am developing plugins in order to increase the visibility of my translation company, and I was going to include the company website and email address along with the plugin in the SDL Appstore, but I totally forgot to do it!

Here is a screenshot of my (current) boring, plain-vanilla information screen on the Appstore:

Screenshot of Trados Studio plugin information screen showing 'Support and developer contact' with the name 'Michael Kobayashi' and email 'tod1106@yahoo.com'.

I'd like to change my name (Michael Kobayashi) to the company name and the email address to my company email address.  Anybody know how to do that?

P.S. -- I also heard that all developers need a valid license for the product for which they are developing, however my app seems to have been accepted and published even though my SDL Account is not linked with the copy of Trados Studio 2017 I am using.  Has the policy changed?  Do developers still need valid product licenses in order to publish?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:48 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
emoji
  • I'd like to change my name (Michael Kobayashi) to the company name and the email address to my company email address.

You need to publish the app under the company account and not your personal account.  You can rename this one if you like, which you do in your SDL Account pages.

I also heard that all developers need a valid license for the product for which they are developing, however my app seems to have been accepted and published even though my SDL Account is not linked with the copy of Trados Studio 2017 I am using.

You need a licenced copy of the softwware to be able to work with the API and test the solution.  It doesn't matter whether it's linked to your personal account or not.  Many developers use a licenced copy of the software from a client they are working for.

• In fact

I just downlioaded and tested your plugin but it doesn't work... it seems to be refernecing older versions of the API and it won't load in Studio at all.  What version of Studio did you build this with?

• Dear Paul,

Thank you for the quick reply, and the great information!  As you mentioned, I am using a licensed copy of Trados Studio 2017 available on my work computer to develop plugins.  Unfortunately, it is an old Windows Visa machine, and the version of Trados Studio, which I installed using an *.exe called "SDLTradosStudio2017_SR1_44945.exe," seems to be messed up, which may be affecting the plugin.

When I built the plugin and started my desktop version of Trados to test it, I got the following error message:

Error message in Trados Studio third-party plug-ins window showing 'Older version of SDL API installed' for Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop version 14.0.0.0.

I figured my personal copy of Trados 2017 was just messed up (or had some error in the way it had been installed or updated), so I got around this error message by changing the contents of the "pluginconfig.xml" file in the Studio5 folder.  I changed it so that version 14.0.0.0 of Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll would be accepted.

XML code snippet with a highlighted change from version '9.0' to '14.0' for the Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop assembly in the pluginconfig.xml file.

Anyway, thank you so much for testing my plugin and finding it doesn't work!  If you could let me know how use / reference the new versions of the API, I will definitely fix it.  I'm going to my account right now to delete the plugin, before anybody else downloads it...

Also, thank you for the name-change information.  Very useful.

Sincerely,

Todd (writing from co-worker Michael Kobayashi's account)

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:48 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]