.Net API Wrapper

Is there a .Net API wrapper for calling the machine translate API?  It would prove very useful.  The only documentation provided is a CURL request.  At the very least, I need a .Net example to follow specifically showing how to make the call.  I have setup some code to invoke the REST service but it is failing. Simple examples in calling sample service don't really help. I need a real-world example showing specifically how to make the BeGlobal call within .Net.  I can include my current code if desired.

That said, can someone please help me out.  Feeling very frustrated and need to get specific help to start using the product.

Thanks

• You can try mine:

external.samsill.com/translation

just be aware, it is still in a bit of a beta state, but it works.

One thing that will help if you do use it.  When you create the TranslationEngine, keep it if possible.   There is a bit of overhead when it gets the languages from the API.

• Try this in a new Console Application. You'll need to add some references:

namespace LcApiExample

{

using System;

using System.Net.Http;

using System.Net.Http.Headers;

using System.Runtime.Serialization.Json;

using System.Text;

using System.Xml;

using System.Xml.Linq;

using System.Xml.XPath;

class Program

{

static void Main(string[] args)

{

string apiKey = "[ENTER YOUR API KEY HERE]";

string sourceText = "Hello Developers";

string sourceLanguage = "eng";

string targetLanguage = "fra";

string json = string.Format(@"{{""text"":""{0}"",""from"":""{1}"",""to"":""{2}""}}", sourceText, sourceLanguage, targetLanguage);

var client = new HttpClient();

var requestMessage = new HttpRequestMessage(HttpMethod.Post, "https://lc-api.sdl.com/translate");

requestMessage.Headers.Add("Accept", "application/json");

requestMessage.Headers.Add("Authorization", string.Format("LC apiKey={0}", apiKey));

requestMessage.Content = new ByteArrayContent(Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(json));

requestMessage.Content.Headers.ContentType = MediaTypeHeaderValue.Parse("application/json; charset=UTF-8");

HttpResponseMessage response = client.SendAsync(requestMessage, HttpCompletionOption.ResponseContentRead).Result;

if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode)

{

byte[] responseBytes = response.Content.ReadAsByteArrayAsync().Result;

XmlReader reader = JsonReaderWriterFactory.CreateJsonReader(responseBytes, new XmlDictionaryReaderQuotas());

XElement root = XElement.Load(reader);

XElement translation = root.XPathSelectElement("//translation");

Console.WriteLine(translation.Value);

}

else

{

Console.WriteLine("#ERROR: " + Encoding.UTF8.GetString(response.Content.ReadAsByteArrayAsync().Result));

}

Console.ReadKey();

}

}

}