How/where are EntryField objects displayed for Custom Terminology Providers?

I've built a custom terminology provider. The terms in the termbase have additional fields, such as gender, plurality, etc., which I have declared as instances of IEntryField on the EntryTerm object.

But where can I expect to see these fields?

And importantly, how can I present a term as being forbidden for us - i.e., indicate that a term should not be used?

The hitlist settings offer a preview showing the field values adjacent to the term's text...

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Sequential mode preview displaying two termbases with terms and their translations, but additional fields like gender and plurality are not visible.

...but my field values don't appear in the Term Recognition or Termbase Search panels...

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Term Recognition panel showing translations for 'Hallo Welt' but without any additional fields or indication of forbidden terms.

Here is the object which is being displayed, showing that it's Fields property is populated...

Screenshot of Trados Studio's object properties with an EntryTerm object expanded to show a populated Fields property, including a 'Forbidden' field set to 'False'.

What more do I need to do to have these fields presented in the UI?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 1:13 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Parents Reply
  • Hi ,

I really appreciate your reply and it seems like all the mess with word "Option" in my post ;-) .

Request  to see snap attached earlier in my post.

Yes, i have used  GetDescriptiveFields() to set fields. For me, fields are appear properly and also display in Term Rec. window.

My query is, how can we update/refresh HITLIST window at run time? so that its not require to restart SDL studio to see desired fields in HITLIST window. See below two images.

In GetDescriptiveFields(), fileds configured properly but HITLIST Window does not refresh. Only refreshed when we restart studio.

Image 1:- below is OK and working for me

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing the GetDescriptiveFields() function with fields configured properly. A red arrow points to the 'Option' field in the Term Recognition window.

Image 2:- Its only works WHEN we restart SDL studio. Want to achieve is w/o restarting studio it should display "SubDomain" field.

Screenshot of Trados Studio's HITLIST window not updating in real-time. A red arrow indicates the absence of the 'SubDomain' field which only appears after restarting the studio.

Thanks,

-Harshad

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:14 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children