Error "Unexpected exception when initializing task 'Analyze Files': Failed to create an instance of translation provider TM .... "

Hi all,

we are using the Studio API to create projects based on predefined project templates. The service sits on dedicated machine, i.e. this Studio service uses always the same user that has access to all project resources (Groupshare 2015 TMs und termbases).

There are no issues when using project templates with file-based resources or file-based TMs and Groupshare termbases.

When using templates with Groupshare TMs in some cases project creation works, in same cases, even when using the same templates and tranlatable files, the project creation fails (Unexpected exception when initializing task 'Analyze Files': Failed to create an instance of translation provider TM ...). Part of the Studio project files are created (folder structure, source and target files, sdlproj file), where it gets stuck is the analyses..

I exclude this causes: access rights to Groupshare TM, available licences on the TM server, errors in the project templates, translation files that are not processed proprerly in Studio.

We have experienced this issue with the Studio 2015 and the Studio 2019 API.

A possible cause could be time-out problems, but I haven't seen any options where you can change/extend any time frames for Studio to complete project creation.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

Regards,

Bruno Ciola

Parents
  • Dear Bruno,

could you solve this issue. Seems I've got same troubles with Studio 2017 API.

Thanks

Markus

• I noticed following

Project Opened from GS, where Problems encountered

<CascadeItem OverrideParent="false" StopSearchingWhenResultsFound="false">
        <CascadeEntryItem PerformConcordanceSearch="true" Penalty="0" PerformUpdate="true" PerformNormalSearch="true">
          <MainTranslationProviderItem Uri="sdltm.http://myserver.domain.de/?orgPath=%2FRU&amp;tmName=TM_de-DE_ru-RU" Enabled="true" />
        </CascadeEntryItem>
      </CascadeItem>

Newly created project via API  

<CascadeItem OverrideParent="true" StopSearchingWhenResultsFound="false">
        <CascadeEntryItem PerformConcordanceSearch="true" Penalty="0" PerformUpdate="true" PerformNormalSearch="true">
          <MainTranslationProviderItem Uri="sdltm.http://myserver/?orgPath=%2FRU&amp;tmName=TM_de-DE_ru-RU" Enabled="true" />
        </CascadeEntryItem>
      </CascadeItem>

Anything works well, as soon I open GS Project in Studio and execute "Pre Translation". But not via API.

The only difference I could identify is the URL to the Server. GS adds the domain

If I call GetTranslationProviderConfiguration() for both Projects, Number of entries is 0 for GS-Project. Number of entries is greater than 0 for the newly created Project. So it's not possible to Change to URL.

Any Solutions for this?

Thanks

Markus

• I noticed following

Project Opened from GS, where Problems encountered

<CascadeItem OverrideParent="false" StopSearchingWhenResultsFound="false">
          <MainTranslationProviderItem Uri="sdltm.http://myserver.domain.de/?orgPath=%2FRU&amp;tmName=TM_de-DE_ru-RU" Enabled="true" />
        </CascadeEntryItem>
      </CascadeItem>

Newly created project via API  

<CascadeItem OverrideParent="true" StopSearchingWhenResultsFound="false">
          <MainTranslationProviderItem Uri="sdltm.http://myserver/?orgPath=%2FRU&amp;tmName=TM_de-DE_ru-RU" Enabled="true" />
        </CascadeEntryItem>
      </CascadeItem>

Anything works well, as soon I open GS Project in Studio and execute "Pre Translation". But not via API.

The only difference I could identify is the URL to the Server. GS adds the domain

If I call GetTranslationProviderConfiguration() for both Projects, Number of entries is 0 for GS-Project. Number of entries is greater than 0 for the newly created Project. So it's not possible to Change to URL.

Any Solutions for this?

Thanks

Markus

Children