Merging new files type via API

Hello,

I added new file type to Project Template - AkomoNtoso XML which is recognized by "Any of the following root elements: akomoNtoso" and by "File dialog wildcard expression: *.xmlAco". Generally speaking the source files have xmlAco extension and are xml akomoNtoso files.

When I create the project manually by STUDIO, adding the files and then merging them everything works fine, but when I am trying to do the same via API I get "One or more files not supported." Exception from GetConverterToDefaultBilingual method. Is it another API bug or we just do not know how to use the API in a such complex operation? 

Please find below the piece of code responsible for merging files.

One thing: before I merge, I load Project Template and I scan all documents. I noticed similar behaviour in Studio then adding files.

Code found here -> http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDK/ProjectAutomationApi/2017/html/721b3f8e-80b0-462f-864a-e284e3bfb70b.htm

and here-> https://romuluscrisan.com/merge-files-using-sdl-studio-project-automation-api/

My code below:

private ProjectFile[] MergeFiles(FileBasedProject StudioProject, Guid[] fileIds, string masterFileName)

{

if (StudioProject == null)

{

GlobalSettings.Log.WriteDetailsToLog("FileBaseProject variable is null", "", CategoryType.NotDefined, DetailsType.Less);

return null;

}

if (fileIds==null || fileIds.Length == 0)

{

GlobalSettings.Log.WriteDetailsToLog("fileIds is null", "", CategoryType.NotDefined, DetailsType.Less);

return null;

} 

var pi = StudioProject.GetProjectInfo(); 

if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(masterFileName))

{

masterFileName = "master.sdlxliff";

} 

StudioProject.SetFileRole(fileIds, FileRole.Translatable);         

string pathInProject = string.Empty;

var mergedFile = StudioProject.CreateMergedProjectFile(masterFileName, pathInProject, fileIds); 

//get the default file type manager which is needed to generate the bilingual files 

var fileTypeManager = DefaultFileTypeManager.CreateInstance(true);

fileTypeManager.SettingsBundle = StudioProject.GetSettings();

//get the local file paths for the files that we want to merge

var filePaths = new string[mergedFile.ChildFiles.Length];

for (var i = 0; i < mergedFile.ChildFiles.Length; i++)

{

filePaths[i] = mergedFile.ChildFiles[i].LocalFilePath;

}

//get the default file converter to bilingual files

var converter = fileTypeManager.GetConverterToDefaultBilingual(filePaths, mergedFile.LocalFilePath, pi.SourceLanguage.CultureInfo, null,

(source, e) => GlobalSettings.Log.WriteDetailsToLog("Error creating merge file:" + e.Level.ToString() + e.Message,

"",

CategoryType.NotDefined,

DetailsType.Less)

); 

//generate the bilingual file

converter.Parse();

//update the merge strucutre and the project

StudioProject.AddNewFileVersion(mergedFile.Id, mergedFile.LocalFilePath); 

StudioProject.Save(); 

if (File.Exists(mergedFile.LocalFilePath))

{

ReplaceSourceLangueXML(mergedFile.LocalFilePath, pi.SourceLanguage.CultureInfo);

}

else

{

GlobalSettings.Log.WriteDetailsToLog("Merge file not generated!!!" + mergedFile.LocalFilePath, DetailsType.Less);

}

return StudioProject.GetSourceLanguageFiles();

}

Thank you for your help!

Parents Reply Children