Error, the first line of code [Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop]

Former Member
Former Member

**************************************************************************************************************
[Conclusion]
SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 - "14.1.10017"  BUG
**************************************************************************************************************

Hi

I am trying to write some TB codes.
But, at the very first line I have difficulties.

Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.Application myApplication = new Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.Application();

Error
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
HResult=0x80004005
Message=외부 구성 요소에서 예외를 Throw했습니다. ( <- it means "external configuration element Throw an exception")
Source=<Cannot evaluate the exception source>
StackTrace:
<Cannot evaluate the exception stack trace>

Any good tips ?
Thanks

Two side-by-side error messages in SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 indicating a bug with version number '14.1.10017'.Screenshot of Microsoft Visual Studio with an error message in Korean, mentioning an exception in an external component.

Code snippet from a WinForms application showing 'using' directives, including one for 'Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop'.

tried both;

C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm14\ Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio5\ Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll

I am writing WinForms application.
SDL PlugIns working well, exactly the same code though - and made at the same time, Now...

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 1:21 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Parents Reply Children
  • Isn't that extremely weird and alarming? That's a sign of something not quite okay inside...

Well... welcome to the real world!  Show me a company with as many moving parts as we have that operates perfectly?  We are striving to improve.

I never said that you or other people active in the forum do not help.

Of course you did.  We are not separate people... whenever you refer to SDL you refer to us all.  I think we are pretty open about our failings and in this community we do our best to try and help our users when they hit problems, whether they are caused by the users themselves, and when they are caused by us.

At the same time we also feedback all the problems we find all of the time and the teams behind us do make every effort to improve things.