DeepL plugin crash when running automatic tasks programatically

hi,

I'm trying to run an Analysis through the studio API (from a 3rd party app), and I use the DeepL plugin. However, I get an error message like this:

Unexpected exception when initializing task 'Analyze Files': Failed to create an instance of translation provider 'deepltranslationprovider:///?sendPlain=False'.. ---> Sdl.ProjectApi.ProjectApiException: Unexpected exception when initializing task 'Analyze Files': Failed to create an instance of translation provider 'deepltranslationprovider:///?sendPlain=False'.. ---> Sdl.ProjectAutomation.Core.ProjectAutomationException: Failed to create an instance of translation provider 'deepltranslationprovider:///?sendPlain=False'. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.AbstractApplication..ctor()
at Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.Internal.SdlTradosStudioApplication..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance[T]()
at Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.ApplicationHost`1.get_Application()
at Sdl.Community.DeepLMTProvider.DeepLMtTranslationProviderLanguageDirection..ctor(DeepLMtTranslationProvider deepLMtTranslationProvider, LanguagePair languageDirection)
at Sdl.Community.DeepLMTProvider.DeepLMtTranslationProvider.GetLanguageDirection(LanguagePair languageDirection)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Helpers.ProjectCascadeFactory.GetTranslationProviderLanguageDirection(TranslationProviderItem translationProviderItem, LanguagePair languageDirection, Boolean performUpdate, Boolean refreshCache)

Based on the stacktrace, it seems that the plugin tries to access the host studio application that does not exist if I use the studio api from a 3rd party application, without starting studio itself.

Can someone help finding a workaround or fixing this?

Several months ago, this used to work still, but seems like an upgrade in the plugin introduced this dependency.

best regards,

Tamas

Parents Reply Children
No Data