How to change "Do not store segmentation information in the translated file" option of FileBasedProject() of the C# Project Automation API

Hi there, I am very new to the C# API of SDL Trados and I am using the trial version of studio 2021. I have managed to convert a word document into .sdlxliff format via a C# Console App, by following the examples (http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDK/ProjectAutomationApi/2017/html/375584df-e064-4c4d-9cf8-0e52d41e701f.htm) However, I can see that the resulting .sdlxliff has <mrk> tags in the <target> tags of my <trans-unit>s. How can I access the options of the FileBasedProject() object so that I can set this "Do not store segmentation information in the translated file" to true? Also, if I do this, does this mean that my translated version of the original Word doc (once I convert the translation-full .sdlxliff back into Word format) will lose the original formation information of Word? For example, Word tables, bold face, etc. will be preserved if I don't keep the <mrk> tags in the <target>s or are they independent? Thanks!