unhandled SEHException

Hi there

I want to access our Multiterm data via the API. I have written a few lines of code in C#, but now I run into an exception that I cannot seem to tackle.

Here is a snippet:
            Application oMt = new ApplicationClass();

TermbaseRepository oServerRep = oMt.ServerRepository;
            oServerRep.Connect(my credentials);
            oServerRep.Location = (my server);
            Console.WriteLine("Connection successful: " + oServerRep.IsConnected);

Termbases oTbs = oServerRep.Termbases;

An unhandled 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException' is thrown at the last line, i.e. when I try to access the Termbases. The line above that shows me that the connection has been established successfully, so no problem there.

Unfortunately, my debugging efforts haven't yielded any result either. Does anyone know how to resolve such an exception?

Thanks in advance!

Parents Reply
  • Hi Tamás,

I experienced the same error already when calling Dim oMT As New Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.Application in vb.net, so when initializing the TMO. I had the issue with two VMs one with MultiTerm 2017 and VS2015, one with MultiTerm 2019 and VS2017.

Since I developed my app only a few months ago, I was 100% sure it was working back in October last year.

The only thing I change in my system since then were Windows updates I installed regularly.

So, I created a fresh Windows 10 VM, turned Windows Updates off and ... the app works fine. No SEHexception at least.

I assume, someone in SDL may want to check that the MultiTerm API still works with all current Windows updates installed.

Cheers
    Tom
Children
No Data