SDL Studio 2011 compliant OpenExchange apps can be produced with the current (ie not future) SDK documentation and compile environment. All currently available Studio 2011 compliant OX apps have been produced in this way. To produce a Studio 2011 compliant OX app, the following software areas can require amendment;
1. Standalone apps using Studio APIs/infrastructure, install location has changed from “Studio1” to…
c:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio2\
2. Plug-ins such as translation providers;
Path (%Localappdata% - resolves to [c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10\Plugins\Packages\
3. Studio support version changed to 10.0.0
1. SDL recommend (as the most user friendly option) that you utilize your installer to provide a choice of which version of Studio (2009 or 2011) the app is to be target for, if multiple versions of Studio are detected.
2. Alternatively, you may need to provide separate versions of your application for each Studio version (i.e. one version for Studio 2009 and one for Studio 2011).
3. The OpenExchange app review interface that you use to upload your apps in our system is being updated accordingly to accommodate apps for different versions of Studio.
4. How several versions of your OpenExchange applications interact with Studio and each other (e.g. licensing) is a factor for your own verification.
Ian Davies | Senior Product Manager | SDL | Language Technologies Division | +44 7826843819