RE: Content Importer loading duration

Hi,

We have almost 195000 dita files and maps & images (1 GB of dita files & 1.75 GB of Images). We are using Content Importer to load those files to our DEV environment.

It takes around 9 days to load the whole content. In this cutting edge of technologies and agile world, 9 days are too much.

Seems this is not an acceptable duration. What we can do to speed up this loading process? 

(Please do not suggest to chunk our content into multiple sizes we cannot do as we have a lot of cyclical dependencies.)

Suggestions are most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

PaulGregory

Parents
  • Hi PaulGregory,

195 thousand dita files interrelated is quite a lot. I don't know if anybody will have a bigger data set than yours :) Any chance you are willing to share this by passing it over customer support to engineering? Perhaps obfuscated.

A brief conveyor of a lot of information on how your system behaves are the version number of server and client tools involved.

Besides that I can only state the obvious like keep the network connection short - so Content Importer as close as possible to the WebApp server. So not Australia to UK, but UK in UK and so on.

-Dave
  • Hi PaulGregory,

195 thousand dita files interrelated is quite a lot. I don't know if anybody will have a bigger data set than yours :) Any chance you are willing to share this by passing it over customer support to engineering? Perhaps obfuscated.

A brief conveyor of a lot of information on how your system behaves are the version number of server and client tools involved.

Besides that I can only state the obvious like keep the network connection short - so Content Importer as close as possible to the WebApp server. So not Australia to UK, but UK in UK and so on.

-Dave
Children
No Data