How do you pass DITA profiling attributes (platform, etc.) using the SDL Publication Manager when creating PDF output?

Hello, 

We are using SDL Tridion Docs 13 SP2.

How do you use "DITA Profiling / Conditional Text" with the SDL Publication Manager?  We have a lot of content that uses the standard DITA platform attribute to conditionally filter between 'desktop' versus 'mobile app' environment.  For example,

<p platform=“desktop”>Do this when on a desktop environment.</p>

<p platform=“mobile”>Do this when in the mobile app.</p>

How do we set and manage the default DITA profiling attributes (productplatformaudiencerevprops, and otherprops) using the SDL Publication Manager to generate PDF and HTML output?

thank you
paul

Parents
  • I second Josh's answer. As the full User Experience is much better using @ishcondition from writing over management up to publishing.

An approach often used is to convert the static DITA condition dimensions (platform, audience, etc) into @ishcondition. Content Importer does that for you, see TD14 - Conversion phase 

If you stay within those limited condition names (platform, audience, etc)  you can convert again to file system OASIS DITA - so no vendor lock in. In the mean while you get all features as suggested.

A workaround could be to create an Other (before Template) object where you attach you ditaval file, that Other object you assign to the Publication Version as resource. This would allow even baseline version selectioning. I expect the resource to get exported while publishing, where some custom code could pick it up to pass it to DITA-OT.

-Dave

• I second Josh's answer. As the full User Experience is much better using @ishcondition from writing over management up to publishing.

An approach often used is to convert the static DITA condition dimensions (platform, audience, etc) into @ishcondition. Content Importer does that for you, see TD14 - Conversion phase 

If you stay within those limited condition names (platform, audience, etc)  you can convert again to file system OASIS DITA - so no vendor lock in. In the mean while you get all features as suggested.

A workaround could be to create an Other (before Template) object where you attach you ditaval file, that Other object you assign to the Publication Version as resource. This would allow even baseline version selectioning. I expect the resource to get exported while publishing, where some custom code could pick it up to pass it to DITA-OT.

-Dave

Children
No Data