Commands for Dropdown Menu Buttons

I am trying to move some of the buttons on the Insert tab in LiveContent Create over to Home tab. I was able to successfully move the Image and Hyperlink buttons. However, this isn't the case with the Symbol and Table buttons. Can you please provide the commands for these as well as MoveUp, MoveDown, and Delete buttons? I inspected the HTML with the developer tools in the browser. I tried InsertSymbolCommand and InsertTableCommand. Those didn't work at all. I have also tried InsertSymbolMenuCommand and InsertTableMenuCommand. Those commands display the correct text under the buttons. However the buttons have no images on them and do not function. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the buttons being dropdowns. Here is the configuration used in dita-config-custom.xml:

<x:overlay xmlns="http://xopus.com/2009/lui">

<!-- Symbols button -->
   <ribbon-bigbutton id="InsertSymbolMenuButton" available="false" />
   <ribbon-bigbutton id="CustomInsertSymbolMenuButton" after="MoveFlowGroup" command="InsertSymbolMenuCommand" />

<!-- Table button -->
   <ribbon-bigbutton id="InsertTableMenuButton" available="false" />
   <ribbon-bigbutton id="CustomInsertTableMenuButton" after="MoveFlowGroup" command="InsertTableMenuCommand" />

<!-- Reuse Content buttons -->
   <ribbon-bigbutton id="ToggleLibraryButton" available="false"/>
   <ribbon-bigbutton id="NewImageButton" after="MoveFlowGroup" command="ToggleLibraryCommand" property="showImageLibrary"/>
   <ribbon-bigbutton id="NewLinkButton" after="MoveFlowGroup" command="ToggleLibraryCommand" property="showLinkLibrary"/>

</x:overlay>

• Note, I would add that I did use the developer tools in the browser to inspect the html to obtain the button commands.
  • Could you please provide the commands for the Move Up, Move Down, and Delete buttons as well? Thanks in advance!
  • These are indeed different because they are dropdowns. They are not attached to a specific command like the others, but have other components nested inside the buttons to enable their functionality. I'd like to rethink how we enable use cases like moving these buttons to different locations from the out of the box location, or changing the button style, because at the moment we have no officially supported way of doing this.

It is possible to accomplish what you are looking for using the following snippets, but please note that a lot of this is unsupported code, and might not work the same way in future versions of the product.

<!-- Insert Symbol -->
    <ribbon-bigbuttondropdown id="CustomInsertSymbolMenuButton" label="Insert Symbol"
    enabledness="TextInputCommand" after="FinishEditingButton"
    iconsrc="../xopus/gui/carbon/icons_standalone.png" iconoffsetx="-1213" iconoffsety="-341">
    <symbolinserter />
    </ribbon-bigbuttondropdown>

<!-- Move Up -->
    <ribbon-bigbuttondropdown id="CustomMoveUpMenuButton"
    enabledness="HasAncestorsCommand" after="FinishEditingButton" label="Move Up">
    <menu>
    <menu-group optional="false">
    <for-each select="ContextAncestorsQuery" order="invert">
    <menu-item command="MoveNodeUpCommand"
    keep-focus="true" if="!isExtraContext" />
    </for-each>
    </menu-group>
    </menu>

<!-- Move Down -->
    <ribbon-bigbuttondropdown id="CustomMoveDownMenuButton"
    enabledness="HasAncestorsCommand" after="FinishEditingButton" label="Move Down">
    <menu>
    <menu-item command="MoveNodeDownCommand"
    keep-focus="true" if="!isExtraContext" />
    </for-each>
    </menu-group>
    </menu>

<!-- Delete -->
    <ribbon-bigbuttondropdown id="CustomDeleteMenuButton"
    enabledness="HasAncestorsCommand" after="FinishEditingButton" label="Delete">
    <menu>
    <menu-item command="RemoveNodeCommand" if="!isExtraContext" />
    </for-each>
    </menu-group>
    </menu>

• <!-- Table -->
    <ribbon-bigbuttondropdown id="CustomInsertTableMenuButton"
    enabledness="InsertTableCommand" after="FinishEditingButton" label="Insert Table" xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <ribbon-formatlist>
    <xhtml:div if="showTableInserter">
    <tableinserter />
    </xhtml:div>
    <xhtml:div if="showTableOptions">
    <menu>
    <for-each select="tableRoleQuery">
    <submenuitem label="{contextDecl}">
    <tableinserter />
    </submenuitem>
    </for-each>