How to use the Search API in SDL LiveContent Reach?

Hi,

I want to use XQuery (Search API) provided by SDL reach.

Following is the URL that I found from the documentation.

http://<host>:<port>/<context>/web/search.xql?action=search&min=<value>&chunk=<value>&max=<value>&sort=<value>&scope=<value>&query=<value>&searchId=<value>&format=<value>&lang=<value>&pub=<value>&filter=<value>

I want to know the proper way to access this API from C#

I tried using HttpClient, and tried to read the response using ReadAsStringAsync () method, but this gives me an error.

Please could you assist me with this, as I want to format the search result I get from the API.

Regards,

Puneet Singh Marwaha

Parents Reply
  • Hi Puneet,
    As I already mentioned, providing the solution is beyond the scope of this thread. From my explanation it should be already clear that this is not simple and therefore it cannot be provided as part of some snippets. In other words, it simply doesn't fit plus I don't a have a clean code base to share.

My advice is to look online for what I mentioned. Search for the terms provided but keep in mind that you need relatively good understanding of SOAP and WCF. I'm a person that likes to see what is going on on the network layer and if you share my preference, then while using Publication Manager, capture a session with Fiddler and analyze it.

I've also shared a PowerShell module WcfPS  that addresses only part of what you need. It can issue bearer tokens for web sites but the rest becomes your responsibility.

Good luck
    Alex

Children