Securiy Breach involving SDL user names?

THis morning I got two alerts about suspicious activity related to my SDL Account, originating from San Jose.

At least one other user reported similar alerts in a FB group for Polish translators.

I believe someone may have gotten hold of SDL user names, but not passwords and is trying a dictionary attack or something.

Could you forward this to some in charge of IT security at SDL?

I changed my password to a stronger one (not that the previous one was weak)  and advised the same to other SDL users in the group.
Parents Reply
  • Hi again Piotr.

We've been looking into this issue and over the weekend many users have received a message warning them about suspicious activity on their account, like yours. We’d like to apologise for this and explain why this occurred: SDL is investing in best of breed security solutions to keep user credentials safe, and to help prevent unauthorised access to user information.

SDL Language Cloud, which is used by many of our users in SDL Trados Studio, caused our brute force protection to be triggered because of the volume of requests originating from a single location when users logged in through Studio.

Whilst this has obviously been a cause for concern it has proven its effectiveness as it even blocked our own Language Cloud solution. The SDL Language Cloud team have worked with our security teams today to ensure this problem has been resolved.

If you encounter any more problems of this nature please report it through your support account, or via the SDL Community so we can address it quickly.”

Children
No Data