Question on Studio 2017 certification badge

Hi! I took the Studio 2015 Part 1 certification test yesterday and I passed, so I got my certification badges. I just checked the FAQs and saw that there will be no New Features test for Studio 2017 Part 1, so if you pass Part 1 for 2015 you are automatically awarded certification for the same level for Studio 2017. My question is, how do I get a badge saying I am certified in 2017 Part 1? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance. Have a lovely day!

• Congratulations Marcela!

We are looking to release the Studio 2017 and MT 2017 Certification exams by the end of the year (hopefully sooner) and part of the release is to add the 2017 badges to those that have passed the 2015 equivalent so you'll be updated then.

You may have noticed that we recently rebranded so this has also meant we are working our way through rebranding everything, workbooks, powerpoints, badges etc.

Lots of work for the training teams!

Regards

Paul

• Hello Paul,

sorry, but I am very confused about this. Either I'm reading things wrong or there must be some conflicting/outdated information on the website.

The FAQs clearly say that:

"To keep your Certification status current, anyone with SDL Trados 2015 certification will need to take a new SDL Trados Studio 2017 New Features exam. "

On the forums, however, on this and other threads (for example here: community.sdl.com/.../8669) it's being said that there won't be an upgrade exam. Also, on the SDL certification shop (oos.sdl.com/.../promotion.aspx) it says that "SDL Trados Studio 2017 certification is coming soon!" I'm not sure whether that means a certification *exam* or simply the certification badge to be automatically awarded to those who already passed the 2015 exam.

Can I please have a definitive word about this? I own Studio 2017 and I want to be certified in Studio 2017. Should I purchase and take the 2015 exam right now or should I wait the new 2017 exams?

Thank you,
    Marco

• Hi Marco,

It appears you caught us out... so thank you for alerting us to this.  I found the page you referred to by googling it:

This page should have been updated to reflect this which is the correct information:

How do you transition your SDL certification from SDL Trados Studio 2015 and SDL MultiTerm 2015 to 2017?

SDL Trados Studio Certification for Translators:
    Anyone with SDL Trados Studio 2015 certification exams that have not yet been taken, will automatically receive the SDL Trados Studio 2017 exam. There is no 2017 New Features exam so if you have already passed an SDL Trados Studio 2015 exam you will automatically be certified to the same level for SDL Trados Studio 2017. 

If you have already passed the SDL Trados Studio 2015 Level 1 Getting Started exam, you will automatically be awarded SDL Trados Studio 2017 Level 1 Getting Started certification status. 

SDL MultiTerm Certification for Translators:
    Anyone with SDL MultiTerm 2015 Certification will automatically be certified to SDL MultiTerm 2017. 

SDL Trados Studio Certification for Project Managers:
    If you have already passed the SDL Trados Studio 2015 for Project Managers exam, you will automatically be awarded SDL Trados Studio 2017 Project Manager certification status. 

SDL MultiTerm Certification:
    Anyone with SDL MultiTerm 2015 Certification will automatically be certified to SDL MultiTerm 2017. 

If you have SDL Trados Studio 2011/2014 exams in your SDL Account but have not yet taken them, they will remain in your SDL My Account. To keep your SDL Certification current individuals will need to purchase and take the new SDL Trados Studio 2017 exams. 

If you have not found an answer in this FAQ then please email your query to producttraining@sdl.com.