Certification badge after Post-Editing MT Certification Exam?

After passing the Post-Editing MT Certification Exam, will SDL send a proof of certification that the user can refer to when listing qualifications?

Parents
  • Hi Maria,

You should find a link you can use in your SDL Account which is your own personal certification page. This is for you to share.

Regards

Paul
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Paul
    Paul, regarding this "personal certification page", I find very inappropriate the fact that one's personal details (including address and phone number) are there for everybody to see. I believe this goes against any privacy guidelines. Would it be possible, instead, to just have our names and the corresponding certification name? Just that. Thanks.
  • EDITED VERSION

Hello Ozzie O (OswaldoOspina C),

The certification page, is designed to not only promote your certification status, but also to advertise your business. The distribution of the certification page link is entirely at the discretion of the account owner. SDL will never divulge any account information/or share this information.

I am aware that some translation professionals/clients may use this page to authenticate a specific application (I think we are all aware of certain false claims made on job boards and the problems these can cause) and this surely goes a little way to make sure the application is genuine.

Additional information

You CAN indeed edit the information provided (shown to others) in your 'Certification page', just to the Education tab and click on

. and then remove any details you dont want- (Name and Country are the only fields that must be completed).

Then- when you distribute the link- the only details seen are as follows

Of course, should you prefer NOT to provide any personal details, you have the option of downloading your certification status and adding this to your signature in the way of a 'badge'. These badges are anonymous and do not link to any personal data..

Maybe you can then just share the actual link on demand?

Kr

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Lydia Simplicio

Hi, Steve. You replied: "The certification page, is designed to not only promote your certification status, but also to advertise your business." but do you know most freelancers work from home, so their home addresses will be shown there? Besides, it is nobody's business where I live (my home address and my phone number). Nobody needs my home address, or a street address, for that matter, to do business with me. I don't need to have SDL street address to do business with SDL, right? Publishing this information is breaching my privacy rights. You also said: "SDL will never divulge any account information/or share this information" but then, again, you are divulging here (within your reply) my real name. On account of what? It is my prerogative to use whatever name pleases me in the Internet world and that's how I like it. I only use my real name when I make a business transaction. Would you honor that? In general, I insist, a particular page with SDL certification information should not, must not, have personal information other than the name and the country, by default. In addition, there should be other smarter ways of proving the legitimacy of someone's claim about an SDL certification. There are thousands of certifications (from companies, schools, government, etc.) in the world and none of them, that I know of, points to a webpage with personal information of the person claiming to be certified in X or Y. SDL should spend a little money and time creating (and devising) digitally signed certifications. The badge concept is all right, though. Thank you.

• Hello ,

Thank you for your reply.

I really do welcome all feedback, as this allows us to reassess our processes and develop systems that really benefit our users.
    We have already taken on board your comments and as I type, the relevant teams are already looking at solutions we can implement quickly and easily to resolve the points made.
  • Hi  

I'm wondering if you read all of the reply from Steve?  Did you take this part on board?

Clicking it takes you to here:

Doesn't this deal with the issue for you?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Paul
    Thanks, Paul. My main point is that your personal SDL account information should not be included by default in your SDL Certificate. If I clear those fields, then, again, I may not be able to make a purchase or do business with SDL because that information is required. It may take a little bit of effort for the system administrators or web designers to disocciate your business (customer) information as a commercial SDL customer from your personal information as a SDL user. My home or business address and telephone should never appear in the open, by default, in my SDL Certificates. That information should not be in a single basket as it is now. Steven Whale already replied to me: "I really do welcome all feedback, as this allows us [SDL] to reassess our processes and develop systems that really benefit our users." SDL should provide users with a digitally signed certificate (Acrobat PDF has provisions for that) proving the authenticity of a given product certification. All institutions, universities, companies, etc. do.
  • Hi ,

If you try changing these details you'll see that they are not the same as the ones in your account that we use for business with you. This page is populated and maintained separately from them so it's up to you what is in there and it's up to you what is displayed.

But your comments are all noted.
Reply Children
No Data