SDL Trados Studio 2017 Certification

Hi,

I'm new to the community, and I am a bit baffled by the size of it and the information available here. I hope this is the right place for my question.

I'm interested in the SDL Studio Certification Program. I work with 2015 now and will be upgrading to 2017 later. As the certifications are for each version, I'm wondering if I'd better wait for the release of Studio 2017 in order to pay for training and obtain the certificate(s).

Obtaining a certificate for the 2015 version at this point seems a bit like an anachronism. I think I've read that there is an additional exam for the new features of 2017 so that you can obtain a certificate for the upgraded version as well, but is there a cost involved in taking this exam?

I'm also wondering when the online webinars for Studio 2017 will be scheduled.

Best regards,

Toon (yeah, I know, but it is pronounced like "tone" [toʊn])

• Hi Toon,

Exactly the right place!  You're right that there is often an upgrade exam, but this time there won't be.  The rules are these this time around:

• There will be no ‘upgrade’ exam
    • The certification exams will be upgraded for the 2017 release with the additional features
    • If you've already passed Studio and MT 2015 Certification you will be automatically upgraded to Studio and MT 2017
    • If you purchased the certification for 2015 but haven’t taken the exams yet then you'll get an automatic upgrade to the 2017 version so you can take that exam instead

This is my understanding but I'll check tomorrow and correct this if I'm wrong.  On this basis however you could go ahead now if you want to get started and it won't require any additional funding.

Regards

Paul