Idea Delivered

XPP 9.3 provides this functionality.

Override / supercede Pathfinder menus and buttons to execute other comments.

This would allow our users to access customized functionality from the standard Pathfinder Interface.

For example, if we wanted to perform a pre/post action when setting a CAP baseline or printing/exporting or completely change an interface aspect.

Parents
  • I like the idea of having the ability to create pre and post actions in the form of scripts.

I do understand that it could be more difficult/more work to implement the post action on the 'async' commands.

But it should not be impossible to do so.

I think that there are a lot of possible use cases where it does make sense to perform additional actions lets say after an Edit Division session.

Things like registering time/user into a workflow/admin system - or automatically create an up to date PDF, etc,...

So if possible I would like to see a post action also on the 'async' commands.

Comment
  • I like the idea of having the ability to create pre and post actions in the form of scripts.

I do understand that it could be more difficult/more work to implement the post action on the 'async' commands.

But it should not be impossible to do so.

I think that there are a lot of possible use cases where it does make sense to perform additional actions lets say after an Edit Division session.

Things like registering time/user into a workflow/admin system - or automatically create an up to date PDF, etc,...

So if possible I would like to see a post action also on the 'async' commands.

Children
No Data