Under Community Review

Pub Manager search: Allow searching just a repository folder and its subfolders

Support filtering Publication Manager search filtering to a particular folder and its subfolders within the repository. 

We have a large database with different product areas and user categories, but almost all the folder structure is visible to everyone.  When searching for topics, especially potentially-reusable topics, it would be great to be able to filter the search to a particular folder and it's subfolders in the repository folder structure.  For example, I might want to limit my search to things we have in the networking technical publications product area, which is in a certain set of folders and subfolders, and I don't want to get results from the entire repository (which is often thousands of files if my search words are more common).

I don't see this capability in SDL Publication Manager 12.0.4. 

Parents
  • While we can use some metadata to filter searches, being able to select a particular location within the CCMS would be very valuable, not least because it might reduce resource load for searches, which seems sometimes to lead to incomplete search results. When you are dealing with multi-terabytes of data, anything that can be done to focus your search more effectively is valuable.

Comment
  • While we can use some metadata to filter searches, being able to select a particular location within the CCMS would be very valuable, not least because it might reduce resource load for searches, which seems sometimes to lead to incomplete search results. When you are dealing with multi-terabytes of data, anything that can be done to focus your search more effectively is valuable.

Children
No Data