Idea Delivered

In Tridion Sites 10 Configurable columns feature was added, this allows you to add the filename or other columns. 

Add a Filename Column to the Structure Group List View

Add a new column to the Structure Group list view that would display the filename next to the Page Title.  This is helpful when trying to find the Index Page in a large list of Pages.  It is also very helpful when trying to find the Page in Tridion when we know the URL on the frontend.  I've made the extension for a client using Tridion 2011 and it has been requested to be added to Web 8 after the upgrade by the editorial team.

In Tridion 2011 I made a similar extension to show the URI of an item in the GUI as a new column, and hope it's this simple in Web 8.   http://www.curlette.com/?p=548

Parents
  • If this was to be built in then it could be useful to be able to select if the column is shown on not for each editor; i.e. most editors won't need this information and there are other simple methods of ensuring index pages are listed first or prefixed with something. I can see it being useful but if it affects the GUI speed in anyway I'd rather have it when I specifically want it.

Comment
  • If this was to be built in then it could be useful to be able to select if the column is shown on not for each editor; i.e. most editors won't need this information and there are other simple methods of ensuring index pages are listed first or prefixed with something. I can see it being useful but if it affects the GUI speed in anyway I'd rather have it when I specifically want it.

Children
  • Performance and applicability for most views is also our concern.

For this idea specifically, is it just about finding index pages or pages with specific names, in a given folder?

For example, would introducing a more "native" concept of a default/index page solve the question here?

What about the ability to do a type-ahead search for things like tcm URI or filename, which would match items, but not show those details in the list itself?

For example, here's an example where typing in a tcm URI filters the current list to the matching ID.

If a user typed, for example, "index..." would that address this use case?

Of course we could consider always showing the filename, though the other main use case I see for that is seeing binary filenames (which could indeed be useful for SEO review along with page paths/URLs). I'd prefer a bit of system or user configuration before adding more columns. :-)

• Alvin any updates on this feature? This is crucial for users to see filename in the list view. Editors don't always know page title. They just know page filename/url, and want to easily find page in the list. This must be easy to implement, but it will be huge improvement for editors!!!