Not Considering

CIL has been deprecated therefore no improvements for it will be provided anymore. Please consider alternatives in the later versions of the product. 

Allow usage of Environment Variables in web.config (or app.config) for CIL settings

The (.NET) CIL reads the connection settings for the discovery service from an app.config or web.config. Typically this will consist of:

• discovery-service-uri
  • oauth-enabled
  • oauth-client-id
  • oauth-client-secret

It would be great if we could use environment variables for these values (as shown here: http://stackoverflow.com/a/29416404/866454) instead of having to enter this information in the config files.

Parents
  •  Is it possible that a config has an explicit value set (which isn't a variable like ${variable_name}) but you'd still have an environment variable (even if you shouldn't)?

I'm not familiar with the entire setup. I know they end up in the machine, but where do the environment variables come from themselves? In another file? What I'm wondering is how easy is it to set a config, default, or environment variable and be confused why the container isn't working. :-)

Comment
  •  Is it possible that a config has an explicit value set (which isn't a variable like ${variable_name}) but you'd still have an environment variable (even if you shouldn't)?

I'm not familiar with the entire setup. I know they end up in the machine, but where do the environment variables come from themselves? In another file? What I'm wondering is how easy is it to set a config, default, or environment variable and be confused why the container isn't working. :-)

Children
No Data