Idea Delivered

The idea is included in SDL Tridion Sites 9.5.

We have switched to using UTC times only on the server side for CM (database, server logic, TOM.NET and CoreService APIs). Experience Space, Content Manager Explorer and Experience Manager will convert all date/time values to user local timezone on the fly. This change will be applied to all date/time values exposed in API, such as modification date, scheduled publish date, times when publish stansaction changed its state (e.g. from Rendering to Transporting), when workflow activity was started etc.

Display modification date/time of items based on user's time zone in CME

Modification date/time of items in Content Manager (component, pages, folders, etc.) are based on server time. With editors working globally, editors could very well be in a different time zone.

It would be nice to display the modification date/time of items based on the user's time zone (which then can be configured in "User Preferences"). This is applicable to all areas where modification date/time is displayed: list view, Info tab, etc.

Parents
  • What you suggest sounds attractive, but I wonder if it might not be more confusing. Once you start showing local date/time for one thing, you'd have to do it for everything, or you'd have two systems and no-one would know which they were looking at.

I suspect that the choice of server time is deliberate, and probably based on how people work with the publish queue and scheduled publishing.

Comment
  • What you suggest sounds attractive, but I wonder if it might not be more confusing. Once you start showing local date/time for one thing, you'd have to do it for everything, or you'd have two systems and no-one would know which they were looking at.

I suspect that the choice of server time is deliberate, and probably based on how people work with the publish queue and scheduled publishing.

Children
No Data