This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure SDL Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Support HTML5 in Rich Text field.

• Under Community Review on 6 Apr 2018
    • 7 Comments
    There was a discussion about "HTML5 in Rich Text field" in the link below. "HTML5 in Rich Text field" is not supported. https://tridion.stackexchange.com/questions/16779/let-sdl-web-8-rich-text-field-support-html-5 We have a request that it should be...
    • 4 Apr 2018 6:20 AM
  • Retrieve the complete publishing history

• Under Community Review on 14 May 2018
    • 4 Comments
    There were some discussion in stackexchange in the past. https://tridion.stackexchange.com/questions/5795/can-we-get-the-publishing-history-of-a-tridion-component https://tridion.stackexchange.com/questions/17834/retrieving-historical-publish-transactions...
    • 4 Apr 2018 5:47 AM
  • Add a Filename Column to the Structure Group List View

• Under Community Review on 28 Jun 2018
    • 5 Comments
    Add a new column to the Structure Group list view that would display the filename next to the Page Title. This is helpful when trying to find the Index Page in a large list of Pages. It is also very helpful when trying to find the Page in Tridion when...
    • 26 Jun 2018 7:10 PM
  • Syntax highlighting

• In Progress on 10 Jan 2020
    • 2 Comments
    I wrote an extension for syntax highlighting but I'm really bad at keeping it updated. Ideally I would like to see syntax highlighting and working TAB key wherever there is Razor, XML or HTML displayed. Component Source tab RTF source tab Schema...
    • 14 Oct 2016 9:02 AM
  • Publish to selection of child publications

• In Progress on 21 Feb 2020
    • 1 Comment
    When there are a lot of child publications and you need to do a rollout to specific child publications, it would be handy if you have the option to manually select which child publications you also want to publish/unpublish content. So when you tick...
    • 27 Mar 2018 9:56 AM
  • Improved Paste Functionality

• In Progress on 18 May 2020
    • 3 Comments
    Improve the paste functionality for RTFs because the results of the paste operation are currently inconsistent. Editors want the ability to paste plain text, keep source formatting, or to match the styling of the destination (keep only select markup...
    • 4 Dec 2017 12:54 PM
  • Metadata on Sites CM categories

• Under Community Review on 26 Sep 2018
    • 5 Comments
    The SDL Web / SDL Tridion Sites Content Manager allows to set metadata on all kinds of items like keywords, folders, components, etc. I would like to able to set metadata on Categories as well. Use case: When importing categories and keywords from...
    • 17 Jul 2018 9:12 AM
  • Publish Folders

• Under Community Review on 27 Mar 2018
    • 1 Comment
    Publish all Components in a folder, by publishing "the folder". Also publishing the Components in subfolders. The flow should be something like: User right clicks a folder and selects publish TCM gets all components that can be published dynamically...
    • 27 Mar 2018 2:15 PM
  • RTF Configuration Presets

• Under Community Review on 12 Oct 2018
    • 2 Comments
    When creating schemas, we have the option to set a text field as rich text, and to also determine exactly what editing features are available to that rich text field. This is great, but when I am creating many new schemas with similar fields that have...
    • 20 Jul 2018 5:46 PM
  • Give feedback in the GUI when trying to publish without a mapping

• Under Community Review on 31 May 2016
    • 1 Comment
    When someone tries to publish something and there is no mapping present, all they see is an empty "Items to publish" list. My first thought was that it would be helpful to show a message like "You can't publish from this publication because there is...
    • 31 May 2016 1:08 PM