Capability for DXD to serve dynamic content in other formats other than XHTML.
- CMS should be extensible to support multiple rendering formats.
- CMS should have the ability to define a transform (configuration or plugin) from DITA to a custom format. The format may or may not be XML.
- CMS should allow the author to indicate which objects the format transform apply to.
- Multiple formats can be specified for the same DITA source content deliverable.
- DXD should have the capability to provide the custom format as a rendering when requested by KaaS though a parameter (e.g. format=).
- Target rendered formats should be created and indexed at index time as much as possible to avoid latency at query time.
- The dynamic contextual filtering capabilities at query time is retain for any specified format like it is today for XHTML.