Under Community Review

Improve Change Tracking (Change Markup) in SDL Tridion Docs

The user group created a "task force" to revisit improving change tracking for SME reviewers. We defined which changes we would like to see marked up, and how we would like them to be formatted. I am attachingChange Tracking Requirements_June29meeting.xlsx the meeting notes for our meeting with SDL from July. We would like SDL to improve the way change tracking in handled in the product (potentially with a 3rd party tool like Delta XML and PS engagement... ). The current OOTB mark-up has been a sort spot for users for quite a while.

Parents
  • Hi Elizabeth, as the new product manager for Tridion Docs, I'm reading through the list of ideas. I've looked through the spreadsheet -- thanks for providing it.

One question: you had added a comment to say "we would all REALLY love for SDL to find a way to avoid version/release proliferation with the change bars". Do you mean avoiding needing to create a new publication version to get changes showing? Perhaps some way of showing all the changes in object revisions since the last publication version was created? (I don't know about feasibility but would like to understand the use case properly.)

Comment
  • Hi Elizabeth, as the new product manager for Tridion Docs, I'm reading through the list of ideas. I've looked through the spreadsheet -- thanks for providing it.

One question: you had added a comment to say "we would all REALLY love for SDL to find a way to avoid version/release proliferation with the change bars". Do you mean avoiding needing to create a new publication version to get changes showing? Perhaps some way of showing all the changes in object revisions since the last publication version was created? (I don't know about feasibility but would like to understand the use case properly.)

Children
No Data