New

Support SID with XLIFF 1.2 File Type (and other File Types used for software localization)

I think SID should be supported for more File Types that are often used for software localization. 

For example, XLIFF 1.2 File Type has been introduced at the release of 11.1.1:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translation_management/sdl_worldserver/b/weblog7/posts/xliff-1-2-file-type-support-in-worldserver-11-1-1

I tried the new File Type to find out it does not support SID. I think SID is one of the biggest features that differentiate WorldServer from other products (Trados, TMS, etc.), so this is disappointing.

At present, SID can be utilized with the following 4 File Types (https://gateway.sdl.com/articles/FAQ/000004321):

• Java Resources File Type
  • Custom XML (Embedded Content Processor) File Type
  • Custom XML (Legacy Embedded Content) File Type
  • JSON File Type

Also, for the record, Memsource Cloud supports "Segment Key" (or "Segment ID") with the following file formats (https://help.memsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017460212-TM-Match-Context-and-Optimization):

ANDROID_STRING, CHROME_JSON, DESKTOP_ENTRY, DTD, JAVA PROPERTIES, JOOMLA_INI, JSON, MAC_STRINGS, MOZILLA_PROPERTIES, PHP, PLIST, RESJSON, RESX, TS, XML_PROPERTIES, YAML, CSV, XML, Multilingual XML, Multilingual MS Excel

Parents
  • Please notice that you can configure SID support independently of the filter supporting it. The advantage is that you can turn it on or off, based on the kind of project you want to have - e.g. if you have different clients, some of them requiring SID matching, others not requiring SID matching.

You need to define a custom AIS Attribute called _tm_sid as a text or selector field.

If you set it to be "inherited" you then can configure this value in the mount structure e.g. for the client folders.

If you want to be able having different SPICE categories (e.g. per client) you can define the field as selector and define different selector values.

The SPICE matching properties of the tm.properties file need to be enabled (per default this is set to false) - see the "Leverage" section in tm.properties.

This allows you to selectively turn on SPICE matching for certain clients. If needed you can populate this attribute manually or via an automatic action as well. If the attribute is set, SPICE matching is turned on, if the attribute only ICE matching is being applied.

• Hi Bernhard,

Thank you for your comment.
    You're saying SID support does not depend on the filter, but I'm not sure how the mechanism works. How can I enable SID with XLIFF 1.2 filter which does not support SID? And how can I specify an XML attribute respresenting SID?
    We are not LSP, we have no clients and we always use SID at the pre-translation. Also we have customized tm.properties in which only SPICE match is treated as ICE match and other matches are 100%.

Comment
  • Hi Bernhard,

Thank you for your comment.
    You're saying SID support does not depend on the filter, but I'm not sure how the mechanism works. How can I enable SID with XLIFF 1.2 filter which does not support SID? And how can I specify an XML attribute respresenting SID?
    We are not LSP, we have no clients and we always use SID at the pre-translation. Also we have customized tm.properties in which only SPICE match is treated as ICE match and other matches are 100%.

Children