Under Community Review

Increase hyperlink character limit in MultiTerm

In MultiTerm 2019, currently it seems only possible to add hyperlinks to URLs with a maximum length of 240 characters. If you try to add a longer hyperlink (e.g. with 265 characters), it is simply cut off at the maximum length without alert or message and does not work properly.
Would it be possible to increase the hyperlink character limit in MultiTerm so that longer hyperlinks can be added?

Kind regards,
Klara

Former Member
Former Member
Parents Comment
  • Former Member
    Former Member in reply to Daniel Brockmann

Thanks for the general tip :).
    It's not that we put the whole link in the field (as basis for the cross-reference), but only a short version of it, the "complete" hyperlink goes only in the "to URL" cross-reference, so that by clicking on the short reference (and not seeing an endless link in the field) one gets nevertheless to the exact site.

Would you say, it is too laborious or has some disadvantages to "solve" the problem directly in MultiTerm, i.e. increase the hyperlink character limit?
    Part of the problem, i find, is also, that when the hyperlink inserted exceeds the character limit, MultiTerm does not say so, it simply cuts off the hyperlink which then doesn't work.

Children
  • Thanks - it's potentially not too laborious (I would need to find out) - just looking at pragmatic workarounds as we don't hear this requirement often and so it might take a while for it to be implemented. We should definitely have a better length check though - could you log a bug on that? Thanks, Daniel

• Former Member
    Former Member in reply to Daniel Brockmann

Done :). Support tells me, that in the Default layout it already works (to add longer hyperlinks) but not in the "old"/customised layouts we use. We do not use the default layout for several reasons; so, that it works there, does not help us in general. They have added a defect (CRQ-17034) to fix the issue in the other layouts too (in the near future, they say).