This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure SDL Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Introduce scheduled exports for MultiTerm

• Under Community Review
    • 3 Comments
    As a long-term MultiTerm user I would like to have the option to schedule exports jobs on the MultiTerm/GroupShare server. We export termbases regularly and it would help tremendously if we had the option to configure export jobs that automatically...
    • 24 Mar 2017 1:50 PM
  • Colour coding for term statuses

• In Progress
    • 1 Comment
    I think it would be nice to be able to apply different colours for different term statuses in MultiTerm, eg green for Approved , red for Forbidden , etc. Also to have these colours showing in the Term Recognition window in Studio. Just as a quick additional...
    • 25 Feb 2019 10:33 PM
  • Browse pane options when editing entries (Multiterm 2015)

• Under Community Review
    • 0 Comments
    Hi all, the scenario: you are working on a filtered term list going through all the entries from top to bottom (alphabetical order) in the browse pane. When editing and saving a particular entry with different terms, the cursor jumps to the alphabetical...
    • 10 Jul 2017 2:56 PM
  • More layout options

• Under Community Review
    • 1 Comment
    I'd like to see layout definitions where you can define term formatting based on depending fields, e.g. terms with the status forbidded could be marked as red or strikethrough. This layout should also be visible in the term recognition windows in Studio...
    • 27 Feb 2017 1:26 PM
  • Picklist on entry level still needs to be fixed

• Under Community Review
    • 2 Comments
    MultiTerm may no longer pre-set the first value in a picklist on entry level. However, it still does not work smoothly: If I want to select several categories, e.g. "teaching2," research" and "department", the picklist-window closes after I have selected...
    • 17 Oct 2017 1:41 PM
  • More import options (merge)

• Under Community Review
    • 0 Comments
    Hi all, when importing data there is only one merge option: it will merge terms and fields combining them all together. In some cases you import terms with specific descriptive fields referring one to the other (source to status etc.). So after import...
    • 6 Nov 2017 9:50 AM
  • Rich formatting option for term and/or text fields

• Under Community Review
    • 1 Comment
    Hi all, I'd like to have same rich formatting options like italics, superscript, subscript etc. That would be very useful for technical or scientific terms or texts (formulas etc.) but also many product names (e.g. superscript R or C signs). At present...
    • 18 Aug 2017 10:41 AM
  • Default activation of fuzzy search in MultiTerm Online

• Under Community Review
    • 0 Comments
    Users of MultiTerm Online are often not familiar with the MultiTerm functions, so they are not aware that they often need to activate the fuzzy search option to get all relevant matches. Consequently, it would be very helpful if the system administrator...
    • 3 Nov 2017 12:38 PM
  • Fuzzy matching (or partial string matching) for terminology hits

• Under Community Review
    • 1 Comment
    Lately, we’ve been experiencing challenges with multiple languages where key terminology in the TermBases is not returning matches due to morphological variations of “gluing” words together in the source. We propose that SDL develops “terminology fuzzy...
    • 23 Jan 2018 9:13 AM
  • Change to duplicate entries warning to work better with concept-oriented glossaries

• Under Community Review
    • 0 Comments
    The duplicate entries warning in MultiTerm is a bit hassle-some if you are building a concept-oriented TB, because you are bound to have multiple entries with the same term in one language. (An example SDL likes to use is "monitor".) If your TB contains...
    • 23 May 2019 1:47 PM