Idea Delivered Partially

Can be achieves with custom filter macros

Regular Expression Matching in filter

When setting up a basic expression in the filter dialog I am struggling to produce a filter that matches my requirements.

For example, i want to filter all strings in the stringlist that have an ID that ends with "<any-lowercase-char>SN".

There are several issues doing this currently.

1. I cannot anchor SN to the end of the string.

2. I have to use 26 separate "OR'd" rules, 1 for each letter of the alphabet.

3. I cannot use the GUI to create this filter, as there seems to be a limit on the number of lines allowed in a filter in the GUI.

4. If I export the rule and edit it manually, I can re-import it. It does work, but I can still only see the first 3 lines of the filter in the GUI.

Please allow the use of regular expressions in filters. You already allow it in the search dialog. I understand there may be a performance hit, but the flexibility of regexp filters outweighs that, for me anyway.

Parents
  • If we take the example of the find dialog, a check box is ticked to enable regexp. You could even use the same "drop-down" regexp builder.

Not too sure how the filer dialog will become highly complex because the find dialog certainly isn't.

Either way, for my specific requirement I have now written a tool that I can parse whatever regexp and set to read-only those selected strings.

I'm not a fan of VB so tend to use this method for all my "add-ons".

Still think it would be useful to have regexp support in filters.

Comment
  • If we take the example of the find dialog, a check box is ticked to enable regexp. You could even use the same "drop-down" regexp builder.

Not too sure how the filer dialog will become highly complex because the find dialog certainly isn't.

Either way, for my specific requirement I have now written a tool that I can parse whatever regexp and set to read-only those selected strings.

I'm not a fan of VB so tend to use this method for all my "add-ons".

Still think it would be useful to have regexp support in filters.

Children
No Data