Accepted, Not Yet Planned

Projects deleted in Groupshare are deleted in Studio (when Studio connects to the server)

You have to delete the projects from the GroupShare Webui and from the the project folder in the My Documents folder as well.

• If you want to automate this a bit more, you could also set this parameter:

<Setting Id="RecentProjectFolder">C:\SDL\Projects</Setting>

from this file: UserSettings.xml found here:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14.0.0.0

And that will be the path that is automatically suggested by Studio when they open a GroupShare project.

• Thanks. I am looking at deleting files with modified dates older then 30 days. Will this work OK with the projects.xml index file?

• Oops, I forgot to edit the path in my last message and I can't edit that message.

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Studio 2017\Projects

:)

Thanks

Adrian

• Hi Maurice,

I see where this concern comes from now. However, I still think that deleting files from users computers is outside the scope or purpose of GroupShare. You could implement something like this from an IT perspective. This is what I would imagine: let's say you have 50 translators that work with GroupShare projects in your company. Have the same local path (example: C:\SDL\Projects) on each user's machine where they download GroupShare projects. Make sure this is a local folder though, not a network drive. Then, at each restart of the machine, you make a scheduled task to delete the content of that folder and also delete the projects.xml file (C:\Users\aboloveschi\Documents\Studio 2017\Projects) where Studio keeps the list of open projects. This will mean that the translators will open Studio and it will have a blank list of projects and they need to open again whatever project they were working on from GroupShare. Since all the work is saved in GroupShare, I don't see any reason for this approach to not work. It's just a few extra clicks for translators in the morning.

• Thanks for the input Adrian. I'm interested in data management and right now there is a lot of interest in GDPR in Europe. This is why I'd like a central function to clean up legacy data. If that is not useful to the way other organisations work then a client-side clean up could also be an option, where options can be selected then a cleanup task run.