Idea Delivered Partially

When Studio runs into an error ("exception"), that error will be sent to us anonymously (for those users that are taking part in the customer feedback program via Help - Customer Feedback) so that we can catch it and enhance the product area where the error occurred over time. For logic bugs like described here, the flows recommended by Paul Filkin are in place. Setting to delivered partially therefore.

Add "Report a bug" button to the Help ribbon

I noted some bugs in Trados Studio that persist for very long and are not corrected with numerous updates.

For example, from the very beginning of Trados Studio 2021 you can't copy-paste from Concordance Search into the translation—all the context menu commands of the selected text just do not work, as well as keyboard commands.

Or—another example—you can't open a file after it has been prepared for translation: you need to close Trados Studio and restart it again. This bug remains in all Trados Studio versions (2017, 2019, 2021).

Where can users report of them? It's not obvious. I do not know and many users too, I am sure.

Parents
  • Word and Outlook have feedback options in the Help menu. Visual studio has an always present mini toolbar for it.
    In Trados the Customer Feedback option in the help tab opens the Insights setting window. Maybe this dialogue could be made bigger and some support links added.

Comment
  • Word and Outlook have feedback options in the Help menu. Visual studio has an always present mini toolbar for it.
    In Trados the Customer Feedback option in the help tab opens the Insights setting window. Maybe this dialogue could be made bigger and some support links added.

Children
No Data