Idea Delivered

This was delivered in Studio 2019 - see https://www.sdltrados.com/store/

viewing more than 200 segments in a TM, and jumping to last segment

Last segment in TM and view segments

When importing a TMX in an existing TM, currently we can see only 200 segments, and we have to navigate from 200 to the next 200, which takes for ever to do to check the imported segments which are at the end. Could you offer an option to see at least 1000 segments at once, or more.

• Why 1000 segments and not the whole TM in a single page? Thus, you could jump to the end of the TM by hitting Ctrl+End. Which, BTW is almost useless at the present, since you can jump to the end of the TM page by hitting PgDn once or twice, since the TM pages are quite short!

Moreover, you can find text more easily -- if not just find text, which sometimes you can't, even if it actually exists!  

• This issue has been being discussed for years (from ver. 2009, www.proz.com/.../179189-go_to_last_page_in_a_tm.html), but still deemed not worthy of being implemented by SDL.

Why do translators need their first entry in TM? Just to admire at it and get nostalgic about 'my first contact with Trados'?

If you don't have enough space for another button, then just rotate it by 180 degrees, replace the totally useLESS go-to-first-page with totally useFUL go-to-last-page button.

All the more so as TM opens on the first page. You don't need any additional tool to go to the first page because you are already there.

• Once again, similarly to my idea of including a slider for browsing through terms in Multiterm, TM view should also include a slider, which would make things so much easier. I may be wrong, but it seems like the technology SDL uses here (and in Multiterm) is a bit dated and doesn't allow for quick browsing, because otherwise they would have included it years ago.

• I also think it is very important to be able to go to the last segment to verify if the import was successful, including the metadata (which was not always the case). Now you either click through the whole TM (some of them have over 40000 TU) or you search a specific segment, but then you don't see the other segments around.

It would also be helpful to be able to go to a specific segment. This feature exists in the Editor, but not for TM Management in the Translation Memories.