This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure SDL Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Repetitions within 100% matches separated in wordcount

• Under Community Review on 20 Jul 2017
    • 0 Comments
    We are having a client for which we only want to review the first instance in which a 100% match is applied. At the moment, the process to make the distinction between "repetitions" and "first instance in repetitions" is not available in Reports view...
    • 20 Jul 2017 1:10 PM
  • Get those cryptic error messages more human

• In Progress on 9 Mar 2017
    • 3 Comments
    One thing I have an intimate familiarity with in Studio (like so many others as can be seen from the forums here, unfortunately) are the error messages in Studio. I think it is high time that the developers replace those error messages with something...
    • 8 Mar 2017 5:23 PM
  • Confirmation prompt when closing Studio with batch tasks running

• Under Community Review on 11 Sep 2019
    • 0 Comments
    At present, Studio will allow you to close it unprompted even if certain batch tasks are running in the background (e.g. setting up projects). Please introduce a prompt which requires the user to confirm they wish to close Studio if any such tasks...
    • 8 Aug 2019 11:36 AM
  • Autolocalisation of numbers

• Under Community Review on 20 Feb 2017
    • 8 Comments
    When I translate from Polish into English I have lots of numbers written like this: VAT amount 19.372.500,00 EUR (80.965.463,40 PLN). I do realize that it is not the correct format but this is the reality. While I can set up the Studio to treat the numbers...
    • 20 Feb 2017 8:03 AM
  • Make project focus match the active document

• Under Community Review on 18 May 2018
    • 2 Comments
    The active project should match the active document, with project focus changing in the background without user intervention when a file belonging to a project other than the active project becomes active.
    • 17 May 2018 11:00 PM
  • Better handling of inconsistent translation message in verification (filter)

• Under Community Review on 21 Nov 2017
    • 0 Comments
    When Studio reports segments that have been translated inconsistently, the translator must then manually go and find the reported segment. It would be very helpful if Studio could filter inconsistently translated segments in a way that all the inconsistent...
    • 21 Nov 2017 4:42 PM
  • QA: Go directly to the inconsistent segment

• Under Community Review on 20 Jun 2018
    • 0 Comments
    When in the QA Checker I receive the message that a segment was translated inconsistently compared to segment #x, it would be great if I could jump directly to that segment.
    • 14 Jun 2018 2:42 PM
  • Add document structure information to regular expressions in QA checker

• Under Community Review on 17 Apr 2019
    • 1 Comment
    Scenario: There are often different requirements for writing styles and number formats in headings/tables/paragraph texts. To run regex QA checks on these, we currently have to filter by document structure type in the advanced filter, lock irrelevant...
    • 16 Apr 2019 4:44 PM
  • Highlight the word when using the filter

• Under Community Review on 27 Oct 2017
    • 0 Comments
    It would be great to have the words highlighted, that you filtered in the display filter or advanced display filter (an why not also in the search).
    • 24 Oct 2017 7:45 AM
  • Inform users regularly about fixes/features actually BEING WORKED ON for next update

• Under Community Review on 25 Sep 2017
    • 4 Comments
    Reading the user's bugreports/requests in the forum, one can see almost always statements like " yes, this is in our backlog, but we did not get to that yet ". So it would be good to start informing users what is then actually being worked on for the...
    • 15 Sep 2017 2:44 PM