Monthly XPP knowledge article

Since we did not had a conference last year, I am missing our yearly opportunity talking about XPP.
(you can not imagine how much I have learned about XPP preparing/researching the many talks I have given over the years)
So I came up with the idea of using this forum to publish a monthly 'knowledge' article in which we would look a bit deeper into one of the many new, difficult, dark, ... sides of XPP.

I have a few topics in my head, but it would be a lot nicer to hear from you what are the things you are struggling with in XPP and for which you would want some guidance on how does this work? or how do I do this? So please put any suggestions in the comments below. As long it involves XPP any idea is welcome

The 2 first topics I will cover are:
- pica points or postscript points?
- named counters 
- xpp attributes: why do we need them and how do they work
- xpp background queues: setup, check, ...
- xpp autoproc: setup, ...

Parents
  • Hello, 

Since I've been using XPP, I don't think a XYUG session on the BGQer or AutoProc has been presented.

It would be really good to hear how people are leveraging the Autoproc and Background processing queues in both automated and interactive workflows.

• Are people using the standard out of the box queues, or are there other approaches that result in a faster turnaround or load balancing of enqueued tasks.
    • If more than the standard queues are being used, what license/token considerations should be in mind before expanding the number of available queues.
    • A fly-through of the associated specs (BGQ / DOF and others) would be very welcome. 

Hopefully this would be interesting to more than just me. =)

- Thomas

• Thomas,

Good suggestion.
    There a lot of things that can be said about autoproc folders and background queue's
    I will add your valuable suggestion to the article list above

And I will include my solution/view to make a standard autoproc folder more efficient by connecting it to multiple output queue's and do some kind of load balancing.
    So stay tuned ...

Reply Children
No Data