correct use of xppattr and attr()

I am struggling to get something to work and wondered if someone could point me in the right direction?

I need to call a XyPerl subroutine in the ::before tag to set something up which will allow me to alter whether the paragraph is centered or range left. There is a counter which is set that allows me to test and use an if / else statement so I can then use the xppattr to load different values.

Then I need to use the attr() function to the text-align property in the main para to change to the relevant value.

However everything I have tried, and believe me I have tried many things, does not seem to change anyhting.

Parents Reply
  • Hi Bart

Unfortunately that is not the solution.

We have a para::before where calculations are being performed but when we get to para they are being overwritten and/or we can't access them properly using the xppattr/attr values. In the IF world the values are read in and then can be overwritten in the preprocess - in CSS its the other way round and we need to alter the width (measure), indent and set a value for a vm - all are being correctly calculated in the Perl module and it works perfectly in the item format version of the job.

I think as Jonathan says we are getting very close to opening a ticket but I am not sure this is a bug just that we are trying to do things that no-one has thought of.

I need to ask the customer for permission to submit job archives so will pursue that.

Chris

Children
No Data