SDL Language Cloud has stopped working

Hi friends, I use SDL Trados 2019 and together with it, SDL Language Cloud. After a smooth transition from Statistical to Neural Machine Engine, it really helped me during my translation process.

However, for the last 4 days, it has stopped working and is not providing any suggestions and says "no matches found".

Then, I logged a case and searched for the root cause but it is of no avail.

They say the development department is searching for it.

I just wonder if there is anyone here having the same or similar problems as I am having right now. TYIA. Happy translating

• Hi Alpay,

It is very likely that you have exceeded your usage limit on the free tier.  As a Trados Studio customer, SDL provision you with a free SDL Machine Translation Cloud subscription (through the SDL Language Cloud link) that enables you to use 500,000 characters a month, this equate to 6 million characters a year.  I see that since your subscription was provisioned on 2019/10/16, there has been 11 million characters translated.  You're only seeing this now because in the first few months when we rolled out the upgrade to SDL Machine Translation for Trados Studio users, we had disabled the usage limit enforcement.  The limit was recently enforced.

I went ahead and reset your subscription so that you can use SDL MT Cloud again.  In the future, if you would like to check what your usage is to date, you can log into the SDL Machine Translation Cloud user interface to run a usage report: https://translate.sdl.com/.  Additionally, we also have some subscription packages that you can upgrade to to increase your character allowance.

Please confirm if you're able to use the the SDL MT Cloud again.

• Dear Quinn, 

Thank you indeed for your detailed clarifications. Now it seems everything has settled. As a quick reminder, as SDL users, we have not been informed of the NMT (other than SMT) character usage, period, packages, etc. and after this, I have confronted with such an issue. 

I kindly confirm that I am able to use the SDL MT Cloud again. In addition to this, I would like to have a look at some subscription packages. I would be very happy if you assist me with this as a final favour :). Thanks again, have a great day.